ConnectND is North Dakota’s implementation of Oracle/PeopleSoft financials, human resources, and student administration (Campus Solutions) applications across state government and the University System. This implementation provides web-based applications for users. Also included under the ConnectND umbrella are the ancillary systems for facilities management (FAMIS), housing (Adirondack), e-commerce (TouchNet), and parking (T2).
The staff and committees of ConnectND operate under the following guiding principles:
- Improve service, especially for students
- Minimize modifications and customizations to minimize costs
- Commit human resources necessary to make timely and efficient decisions
- Design systems to facilitate the sharing of information as needed
- Reduce complexity by finding system-wide solutions, where possible, but recognizing unique campus missions and needs when necessary
- Include functional users as part of critical decisions regarding the systems
ConnectND is a partnership between state government and the North Dakota University System. The organizational charter has further details about this partnership.